Thursday, September 5, 2013

My Trick for Budge-Proof Red Lips!




Hey everyone!

So I cannot live without my lipstick. I love bright, bold eyes and nude lips on other people, but I just can't do it. It's not as if I don't love eye-shadow (I definitely have enough of it) but more often than not I'm going for a nude eye and some bright red lips. There's something about it that can make anyone look perfect, whether they're wearing a potato sack or a ballgown, they swipe on some red and look instantly more put-together!

So after wearing lipstick almost every day for years, I have a pretty awesome method of keeping your lipstick from sliding off throughout the day! This is the way I wore lipstick on my wedding day, so it's obviously my favourite way of keeping the red lasting forever. Nothing came off, even during the kiss! So here goes!

1. Start off with a lipstain that matches your lipstick (I use Revlon's Just Bitten in Flame) and apply a coat all over your lips in the lip shape desired (I like to really accentuate the cupid's bow) let dry, and apply another coat. This will ensure that if your main lipcolour wears off, there will still be a wash of colour underneath to keep it looking fresh, not faded. 

2. Apply lip liner (I use Covergirl Lip Perfection in Passion, a beautiful bright red that would look gorgeous even by itself)! Start by tracing the desired outline of your lips, then fill in your whole lip with the pencil. This will be a nice, even base for the lipstick and the tackiness of your lip liner should help your lipstick to stay on a bit better.






3. Put on your lipstick! I recommend one that is long-lasting and has long-wear qualities, mattes are usually better for this. I use L'oreal Infallible Lipstick in Refined Ruby, it goes on smooth with a cream/satin texture, and dries to a more matte finish without drying out my lips. I go straight from the tube rather than using a lip brush, because I find that using a brush moves around the lip liner underneath, and we want everything to stay put!


4. Blot your lips on a paper-towel a couple of times;  if desired you can use a concealer to outline your lips for a perfect edge, and you're finished! 


Let me know what your favourite no-budge lip products are, and I may try some out!

Thank you for reading!

-Niamh

No comments:

Post a Comment