Friday, September 6, 2013

"Dark Lady" Fall Makeup Look



Fall is almost here, and I'm so ready!

It's my favourite time of the year beauty-wise (vampy lips anyone)? And to celebrate I thought I'd create a lovely, dark look with rich tones. This daring look is perfect for fall and it's much easier and quicker than it looks!


-I began the look by using a concealer on spots and under eyes, and applying a medium/full coverage foundation. The makeup is very dark and busy looking so you want your face to be a very "perfected" blank-slate.

-For the eyes I applied primer, then used a neutral light toned shadow all over the lid-this created a nice even tone to help brighten the eyes and assure the other colours would blend well. I then took a white, slightly shimmery shadow and highlighted the tear duct and brow bone. After this I started "smoking out" the eyes by using a light gray and (with a very light hand) working it into the crease and around to the lower lid, in a kind of semi-circle shape. The eyeshadow should be very soft and have no harsh lines, you want it to contrast well with the harsh lip shape. I deepened the crease and under-eye area a bit more with a deeper gray shade, and then moved onto the cheeks!

-I wanted the cheeks to be contoured, but without much colour. All of my bronzers are very orange-toned, so I decided to use a medium brown eyeshadow instead. Try to use one that is neutral toned rather than cool or warm.

-The lips are deceptively simple! I took a liner brush and used a black gel liner to outline my bottom lip, and to fill in the corners of both the top and bottom lips. After that I just put a dark cherry lipstick in the centre of my lips and pressed them together to blend!



Tada! I hope you love the look! What are your favourite makeup trends for fall?

-Niamh


Products Used

Face:
-Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer-Ivory
-Revlon Colourstay Foundation-150 Buff

Eyes:
-Urban Decay Primer Potion-Original
-Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV-Zephyr
-Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV-Skimp
-Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV-Bust
-Sephora Medium "Shopping Bag" Palette-Dark Matte Grey
-Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara

Cheeks:
-ELF Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette

Lips:
-Sephora Medium "Shopping Bag" Palette-Black Gel Liner
-Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick-477 Black Cherry






No comments:

Post a Comment